This is a letter I recieved from an eccentric hotel owner in North Africa the morning that he vanished. In many ways it is an introduction to his story that follows.Dearest Cap,
My apologies for my bizarre behavior yesterday. It is just I haven't thought of Amy (my wife) in years, let alone dream of her. While it may seem hasty to you for me to up and leave the Sunrise and the Sunset, it is what must be done. She wants me to find her.
I shouldn't have asked you to take on the Sunrise and the Sunset. I now realize that was foolish of me. You must continue your studies and pursue your own avenues of success. This was confirmed to me in another dream I just had. In fact I am writing this letter having just awoke. You must think I am losing it with all of these strange dreams I am having. Trust me, when I say, there are much bigger plans in store for you, that I will let you be surprised by as you continue living your life. I guess it is just you remind me so much of myself when I was your age, that I thought you could carry on my mantle in the village.
One thing has become clear to me: in order to find Amy I need to journey. Obviously, this is not just a physical journey, but my continued journey of the mind and soul. My hope is that in recounting my past, I will rediscover myself anew, and find out how Amy and I went wrong. I have included in this envelope the beginnings of a manuscript. It is my hope that you will look it over and edit it. I think by the end of this tale, others might be able to relate to it, and if this is the case, I need your editing skills.
Take care, Cap. You've been like a son to me these past few months. Never take Katie and Zetta for granted. Cherish them everyday, and continue your great voyage together. Always remember: DREAM, O DREAMER! DREAM!... And everything will fall into place.
One foot here and another there,
Danny Lambson
PS- I have left Allal and Sammy in charge. Don't laugh! Just make sure they don't kill each other or burn the place down while I'm gone. -D-

For those of you who have made it to this blog, I am actually the person who started it and in charge of it. It is a blog of the memoir Danny Lambson is working on. He wants me to "edit" it, which is disturbing, because I have no editing background, other than of a high school yearbook. So dear readers, I need your help!
ReplyDeleteI think we are reaching an Apogee here...
ReplyDeleteWell hell yes, I can't wait to see where his journey takes him, I also can't wait to see where it takes the three of you.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this by the way, I'm off to edit some music
ReplyDelete